(Including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy
and “Your Privacy Rights” for California Residents
Effective and last revised on November 1st, 2020.
- Information Collected By the Websites. We collect two types of information from users of the Websites: personal information described below; and non-personal information such as information about traffic patterns on the Websites.
- Personal Information. To access certain portions of the Websites, including the portions where the Services are offered, we require you to register and select a user name and password. Some personal data is collected during the registration process. We may then ask for additional information, including personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information.
When you make a purchase on one of the Websites, when you subscribe to the Services, and/or when you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for certain personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card number, in order to process your order, manage your subscription, administer the contest, or send you promotional e-mails. Providing personal information in these instances is solely your choice; you do not need to provide such information, make purchases, or enter such contests to browse our Websites as a Visitor.
- How We Use Your Personal Information. We use the information collected on the Websites for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, running the Websites and the Services and contacting users. The Websites and the Services may also make available to other Registered Users information provided by you during registration, such as your screen name. We may use your information to communicate back to you, to update you on products, services and benefits, to personalize the Websites for you, to contact you for market research or to provide you with marketing information, newsletters, or other information we think would be of particular interest. In addition, if you make a purchase on any of the Websites, we may send you order and shipping confirmation emails. We will always give you the opportunity to opt out of receiving such materials.
You can remove your e-mail address from our e-mail list at any time by following the procedures set forth in the Section 9 below (“Opt Out Procedures”) or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every e-mail from Creating a Sustainable You. In addition, you can modify your information or change your preferences, as set forth in Section 10 below (“Reviewing or Changing Your Information”). Information obtained through the Websites and/or the Services may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than our Websites, including both offline and online sources.
- Discussions and Community Tools. The Websites and the Services may make chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, news groups and other community tools available to Registered Users and/or Visitors. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for other users to view and for Creating a Sustainable You to use. Please do not disclose any personally identifiable information, including without limitation your full name or e-mail address, in these publicly accessible areas of the Websites or the Services. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using any chat rooms, forums or message boards to share your opinion.
- Non-Personal Data. In some cases, we may collect non-personal information. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software, and peripherals you are using and the domain name of the web site from which you linked to our Site. We use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate our Websites, enhance our Websites and sell and deliver advertising.
Most browsers are initially set up to accept cookies; however, you can reset your browser to refuse all cookies or indicate when a cookie is being sent or you can flush your browser of cookies from time to time. (Note: you may need to consult the help area of your browser application for instructions.) If you choose to disable your cookies setting or refuse to accept a cookie, however, you may not be able to access all areas of the Websites and/or the Services.
Creating a Sustainable You utilizes Google Analytics for aggregated, anonymized website traffic analysis. In order to track your Creating a Sustainable You session usage, Creating a Sustainable You places a Google Analytics cookie (_ga) with a randomly-generated ClientID in your browser. This ID is anonymized and contains no identifiable information such as email, phone number, name, etc. Creating a Sustainable You uses Google Analytics to track aggregated website behavior, such as what pages you looked at, for how long, etc. This information is important for improving the Creating a Sustainable You user experience and determining Creating a Sustainable You’s site effectiveness. If you wish to remove Google Analytics from your site experience, you can install the Google Analytics Opt-Out Browser Add-On.
- Opt Out Procedures. You have the option to opt out of receiving information from Creating a Sustainable You, the Websites and the Services. This opt out messaging will appear at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out. If you no longer wish to take advantage of the Websites or the Services or receive any form of direct contact from Creating a Sustainable You, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, contact us at: info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com.
- Reviewing or Changing Your Information. In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, we give users the option to change or modify their information previously provided during registration. If you would like to change your information currently in our database please log in and click the “My Account” link on the various Websites or email us at info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com.
We may employ third parties to perform services or functions on our behalf in order to improve our Websites, merchandising, marketing and promotional efforts, communications or other services. Those third parties may include authorized contractors, consultants and other companies working with us. They only have access to personal information needed to perform their functions, and they may not share any personal information with others or use it for any other purpose than providing or improving Creating a Sustainable You’s services and offerings.
We may share your information with third parties whom we believe have information of interest to you. In addition, we may share certain non-personal information with third parties for advertising, promotional and other purposes. For example, we may work with third party advertising companies, to serve and track our ads. These third parties may install other cookies. Our advertising partners may use the non-personal information they collect from our Websites, in the aggregate, to help us better market and serve our customers.
- Security. Providing a secure site is essential for your peace of mind and trust in Creating a Sustainable You. We have installed encryption software conforming to the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol to safeguard all of the commerce related (i.e. credit card and billing address) information you send to us. All information is stored on our servers in a secure location. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If your password is compromised, notify Customer Service at once at info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy. The Websites and the Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to determine that our users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Websites or the Services or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Creating a Sustainable You, please contact us immediately at info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com so that we may appropriate steps to remove such information from our database.
- Privacy Precaution Warning. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
- Your Consent. By using the Websites and/or the Services, and by providing your personal information to us, you also authorize the storage, use and export of your personal information as specified herein.
Your Privacy Rights (California Residents)
Online Privacy Protection Policy for California Residents
(“Shine the Light” Law)
Effective as of January 1, 2005, California’s “Shine the Light” law (Cal. Civ. Code Sections 1798.80, et seq.) provides California residents with the right to receive certain disclosures when personal information that has been collected online is shared with third parties for direct-marketing purposes.
If you are a California resident and you provided personal information to Creating a Sustainable You through a website in the past, and/or if you do so in the future, you are entitled to submit a request in writing to Creating a Sustainable You for a description of the information we may have provided to third parties. To submit your written request, please send it to info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com and put the following words in the subject line of the email: “California Privacy Request.”
Within 30 days after receipt of your request, we will send you a list of the categories of personal information disclosed to third parties during the immediately preceding calendar year, along with the names and addresses of the third parties who actually received such information, if any.
We reserve our right not to respond to requests sent more than once in a calendar year.
Please note that the California “Shine the Light” law does not cover all aspects of on-line information sharing, and our policy relates only to information covered by the law.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies to California consumers and is a supplement of the Creating a Sustainable You Privacy Statement.
Personal Information Collected. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). We have collected the following categories of CCPA personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: “Identifiers” covers a broad range of information, including things like name, email address, billing address, and IP address. We collect personal information that falls into this category. For example, for subscribers we have an email address and payment information (such as a credit card). We collect IP addresses when you connect to our service online. These sorts of identifiers are connected to your Creating a Sustainable You account. There are also identifiers we use for purposes like advertising (third party advertising cookies on our website) that we do not associate with your account, but that can be used to reach you with promotional messages on other websites and applications.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Our service is an online service, so we collect CCPA personal information in this category, such as your interactions and activities within our service.
- Geolocation data: Our streaming application does not collect precise geolocation data from GPS sensors. However, we do collect IP addresses so we can determine your general location in order to give you a better first interaction with our service.
- Inferences: We have a recommendation system that tries to help return you custom titles based on what we feel you will like most.
Uses of CCPA personal information. We use categories of CCPA personal information listed above for the purposes improving your experience when interacting with the online service. This use is noted below:
We use personal information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your recurring payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for titles and shows we think will be of interest to you;
- to coordinate with Partners around making the Creating a Sustainable You service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the Creating a Sustainable You service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Creating a Sustainable You, details about new features and content available on Creating a Sustainable You, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications and online messaging channels.
To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com.
Community Posting Guidelines
At Creating a Sustainable You, we believe in awakening to truths and new ways of being. In service to our transformative community of more than a half-million members, we strive to maintain a space that respects dynamic and diverse viewpoints that fuel the search for more.
With the Internet as an unprecedented tool for connectivity, we’re all accountable to each other and responsible for how we show up here.
We have built Creating a Sustainable You with incredible dedication to those who want to join us to make the world a better place. To this end, we see membership to our network and our community as a privilege, not a right. We insist that our members demonstrate respect for the people and opinions they encounter, remembering that words hold great power.
To ensure a safe space for discourse, we will remove comments if they are disrespectful toward others in our forum. In circumstances of hostility or disrespect toward other members, Creating a Sustainable You, our hosts or guests, we may revoke membership entirely.
Conscious participation in this community is our collective commitment. We thank all of our members for their support to empower the evolution of consciousness.
Anti Spam Policy
At Creating a Sustainable You, we are 100% against spam and unsolicited emails and maintain CANSPAM compliance. We do not sell or provide email addresses to any unauthorized third party and do not authorize any third party or affiliate to misuse products or services created by or associated with Creating a Sustainable You in spam or bulk emails. If you feel you have received any unwanted emails from us, please contact us immediately and we will look into the matter.
Creating a Sustainable You prohibits the use of their website and/or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (ìSpamî). You may not use any Creating a Sustainable You services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any customers of Creating a Sustainable You.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7701, et seq., Public Law No. 108-187, was S.877 of the 108th United States Congress), e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the Creating a Sustainable You website or service or on behalf of Creating a Sustainable You may not:
- use or contain false, misleading, invalid or forged headers
- use deceptive or misleading subject lines
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing;
- use a third partyís internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third partyís equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards described below;
Creating a Sustainable You does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through the website or its services. Creating a Sustainable You does not permit or authorize others to use the Creating a Sustainable You services to collect, compile or obtain any information about its customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses. Creating a Sustainable You does not permit or authorize any attempt to use its services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the services, or that could interfere with any other partyís use and enjoyment of any Creating a Sustainable You service.
If Creating a Sustainable You believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any service, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. Creating a Sustainable You may immediately terminate any account on any service which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the Creating a Sustainable You website and/or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Creating a Sustainable You’s rights.
Unauthorized use of any Creating a Sustainable You services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Violators of the CAN SPAM Act may be subject to ìcease and desistî orders or penalties from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) of up to $11,000 per violation. Criminal prosecution is also possible in the case of egregious offenders, which can result in penalties such as fines, forfeiture of proceeds and equipment. The worst offenders can also be subject to prison time.