(Including Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy and “Your Privacy Rights” for California Residents)
Effective and last revised on November 1st, 2020.
- Information Collected By the Websites. We collect two types of information from users of the Website: personal information described below; and non-personal information such as information about traffic patterns on the Websites.
- Personal Information. To access certain portions of the Website, including the portions where the Services are offered, we require you to register and select a user name and password. Some personal data is collected during the registration process. We may then ask for additional information, including personally identifiable and non-personally identifiable information. When you make a purchase on one of the Websites, when you subscribe to the Services, and/or when you enter a contest or other promotion, we may ask you for certain personal information such as your name, address, e-mail address, or credit card number, in order to process your order, manage your subscription, administer the contest, or send you promotional e-mails. Providing personal information in these instances is solely your choice; you do not need to provide such information, make purchases, or enter such contests to browse our Websites as a Visitor.
- How We Use Your Personal Information. We use the information collected on the Websites for a variety of purposes, including, but not limited to, running the Websites and the Services and contacting users. The Websites and the Services may also make available to other Registered Users information provided by you during registration, such as your screen name. We may use your information to communicate back to you, update you on products, services, and benefits, personalize the Websites for you, contact you for market research, or to provide you with marketing information, newsletters, or other information we think would be of particular interest. In addition, if you make a purchase on any of the Websites, we may send you order and shipping confirmation emails. We will always give you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving such materials. You can remove your e-mail address from our e-mail list at any time by following the procedures set forth in Section 9 below (“Opt-Out Procedures”) or by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link in every e-mail from Creating A Sustainable You. In addition, you can modify your information or change your preferences, as set forth in Section 10 below (“Reviewing or Changing Your Information”). Information obtained through the Website and/or the Services may be intermingled with and used in conjunction with information obtained through sources other than our Websites, including both offline and online sources.
- Discussions and Community Tools. The Websites and the Services may make chat rooms, forums, bulletin boards, newsgroups, and other community tools available to Registered Users and/or Visitors. Please remember that any information that is disclosed in these areas becomes public information for other users to view and for Creating A Sustainable You to use. Please do not disclose any personally identifiable information, including without limitation your full name or e-mail address, in these publicly accessible areas of the Websites or the Services. Please be considerate and respectful of others while using any chat rooms, forums, or message boards to share your opinion.
- Non-Personal Data. In some cases, we may collect non-personal information. Examples of this type of information include the type of Internet browser you are using, the type of computer operating system application software, and peripherals you are using, and the domain name of the website from which you linked to our Site. We use your information on an aggregated basis to do such things as operate our Websites, enhance our Websites and sell and deliver advertising.
- Opt-Out Procedures. You have the option to opt-out of receiving information from Creating A Sustainable You, the Websites, and the Services. This opt-out messaging will appear at the bottom of every promotional email that is sent out. If you no longer wish to take advantage of the Websites or the Services or receive any form of direct contact from Creating A Sustainable You, whether it is email, discounts, newsletters, or other promotional offers or materials, contact us at: info@CreatingASustainableYou.com.
- Reviewing or Changing Your Information. In order to ensure that the information we maintain is accurate, we give users the option to change or modify their information previously provided during registration. If you would like to change your information currently in our database please log in and click the “My Account” link on the various Websites or email us at info@CreatingASustainableYou.com.
- Security. Providing a secure site is essential for your peace of mind and trust in Creating A Sustainable You. We have installed encryption software conforming to the Secure Socket Layers (SSL) protocol to safeguard all of the commerce-related (i.e. credit card and billing address) information you send to us. All information is stored on our servers in a secure location. It is important for you to protect against unauthorized access to your password and to your computer. If your password is compromised, notify Customer Service at once at info@CreatingASustainableYou.com.
- Children’s Online Privacy Protection Policy. The Websites and the Services are not intended for or directed to users under the age of 18, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect personally identifiable information from children under the age of 13 or other minors. Where appropriate, we take reasonable measures to determine that our users are adults of legal age and to inform minors not to submit such information to the Websites or the Services or in response to advertisements. If you are concerned that personal information may have been inadvertently provided to or collected by Creating A Sustainable You, please contact us immediately at info@CreatingASustainableYou.com so that we may appropriate steps to remove such information from our database.
- Privacy Precaution Warning. Please note that no data transmission over the Internet is 100% secure. As a result, we cannot guarantee the security of the information that you transmit via our online services.
- Your Consent. By using the Websites and/or the Services, and by providing your personal information to us, you also authorize the storage, use, and export of your personal information as specified herein.
- California Consumer Privacy Act (CCPA) Privacy Notice. This Privacy Notice applies to California consumers and is a supplement to the Creating A Sustainable You Privacy Statement.
Personal Information Collected. We collect information that identifies, relates to, describes, or could reasonably be linked, directly or indirectly, with a particular consumer or household (“CCPA personal information”). We have collected the following categories of CCPA personal information from consumers within the last twelve (12) months:
- Identifiers: “Identifiers” covers a broad range of information, including things like name, email address, billing address, and IP address. We collect personal information that falls into this category. For example, for subscribers, we have an email address and payment information (such as a credit card). We collect IP addresses when you connect to our service online. These sorts of identifiers are connected to your Creating a Sustainable You account. There are also identifiers we use for purposes like advertising (third party advertising cookies on our website) that we do not associate with your account, but that can be used to reach you with promotional messages on other websites and applications.
- Internet or other electronic network activity information: Our service is an online service, so we collect CCPA personal information in this category, such as your interactions and activities within our service.
- Geolocation data: Our streaming application does not collect precise geolocation data from GPS sensors. However, we do collect IP addresses so we can determine your general location in order to give you a better first interaction with our service.
- Inferences: We have a recommendation system that tries to help return you custom titles based on what we feel you will like most.
Uses of CCPA personal information. We use the categories of CCPA personal information listed above for the purposes of improving your experience when interacting with the online service. This use is noted below:
We use personal information to provide, analyze, administer, enhance and personalize our services and marketing efforts, to process your registration, your recurring payments, and to communicate with you on these and other topics. For example, we use such information to:
- determine your general geographic location, provide localized content, provide you with customized and personalized viewing recommendations for titles and shows we think will be of interest to you;
- to coordinate with Partners around making the Creating a Sustainable You service available to members and providing information to non-members about the availability of the Creating a Sustainable You service, based on the specific relationship you have with the Partner;
- prevent, detect and investigate potentially prohibited or illegal activities, including fraud, and to enforce our terms (such as determining free trial eligibility);
- analyze and understand our audience, improve our service (including our user interface experiences) and optimize content selection, recommendation algorithms, and delivery;
- communicate with you concerning our service so that we can send you news about Creating a Sustainable You, details about new features and content available on Creating a Sustainable You, special offers, promotional announcements, consumer surveys, and to assist you with operational requests such as password reset requests. These communications may be by various methods, such as email, push notifications and online messaging channels.
To make requests, or if you have a question regarding our privacy practices, please contact our Privacy Officer at info@CreatingaSustainableYou.com.
Community Posting Guidelines
At Creating a Sustainable You, we believe in awakening to truths and new ways of being. In service to our transformative community of more than a half-million members, we strive to maintain a space that respects dynamic and diverse viewpoints that fuel the search for more.
With the Internet as an unprecedented tool for connectivity, we’re all accountable to each other and responsible for how we show up here.
We have built Creating a Sustainable You with incredible dedication to those who want to join us to make the world a better place. To this end, we see membership to our network and our community as a privilege, not a right. We insist that our members demonstrate respect for the people and opinions they encounter, remembering that words hold great power.
To ensure a safe space for discourse, we will remove comments if they are disrespectful toward others in our forum. In circumstances of hostility or disrespect toward other members, Creating a Sustainable You, our hosts or guests, we may revoke membership entirely.
Conscious participation in this community is our collective commitment. We thank all of our members for their support to empower the evolution of consciousness.
Anti Spam Policy
At Creating a Sustainable You, we are 100% against spam and unsolicited emails and maintain CANSPAM compliance. We do not sell or provide email addresses to any unauthorized third party and do not authorize any third party or affiliate to misuse products or services created by or associated with Creating a Sustainable You in spam or bulk emails. If you feel you have received any unwanted emails from us, please contact us immediately and we will look into the matter.
Creating a Sustainable You prohibits the use of their website and/or services in any manner associated with the transmission, distribution or delivery of any unsolicited bulk or unsolicited commercial e-mail (ìSpamî). You may not use any Creating a Sustainable You services to send Spam. You also may not deliver Spam or cause Spam to be delivered to any customers of Creating a Sustainable You.
In compliance with the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (15 U.S.C. 7701, et seq., Public Law No. 108-187, was S.877 of the 108th United States Congress), e-mail sent, or caused to be sent, to or through the Creating a Sustainable You website or service or on behalf of Creating a Sustainable You may not:
- use or contain false, misleading, invalid or forged headers
- use deceptive or misleading subject lines
- use or contain invalid or non-existent domain names;
- employ any technique to otherwise misrepresent, hide or obscure any information in identifying the point of origin or the transmission path;
- use other means of deceptive addressing;
- use a third partyís internet domain name, or be relayed from or through a third partyís equipment, without permission of the third party;
- contain false or misleading information in the subject line or otherwise contain false or misleading content;
- fail to comply with additional technical standards described below;
Creating a Sustainable You does not authorize the harvesting, mining or collection of e-mail addresses or other information from or through the website or its services. Creating a Sustainable You does not permit or authorize others to use the Creating a Sustainable You services to collect, compile or obtain any information about its customers or subscribers, including but not limited to subscriber e-mail addresses. Creating a Sustainable You does not permit or authorize any attempt to use its services in a manner that could damage, disable, overburden or impair any aspect of any of the services, or that could interfere with any other partyís use and enjoyment of any Creating a Sustainable You service.
If Creating a Sustainable You believes that unauthorized or improper use is being made of any service, it may, without notice, take such action as it, in its sole discretion, deems appropriate, including blocking messages from a particular internet domain, mail server or IP address. Creating a Sustainable You may immediately terminate any account on any service which it determines, in its sole discretion, is transmitting or is otherwise connected with any e-mail that violates this policy.
Nothing in this policy is intended to grant any right to transmit or send e-mail to, or through, the Creating a Sustainable You website and/or services. Failure to enforce this policy in every instance does not amount to a waiver of Creating a Sustainable You’s rights.
Unauthorized use of any Creating a Sustainable You services in connection with the transmission of unsolicited e-mail, including the transmission of e-mail in violation of this policy, may result in civil, criminal, or administrative penalties against the sender and those assisting the sender.
Violators of the CAN SPAM Act may be subject to ìcease and desistî orders or penalties from the FTC (Federal Trade Commission) of up to $11,000 per violation. Criminal prosecution is also possible in the case of egregious offenders, which can result in penalties such as fines, forfeiture of proceeds and equipment. The worst offenders can also be subject to prison time.